A few important news bits to share:
- Your calendar just got 1/7th of 100% cooler. Thursdays are now #TileThursday where you can draw a new tile for the mapper, post it on social media (e.g. the blue F, short update bird, and positive plus sign guy) with the hashtag #TileThursday, and my favorite tile will win a prize. This week: A postcard. Next week: The world? You’ll have to win to find out.
- As a joke I mentioned adding a mini-golf course generator to the mapper. But some people on Facebook can’t take a joke, so expect this new mode to be added sometime in the next month.
- I’m now on Twitter – @davesmapper. If you follow me, you might read an insightful tweet or two*. (*Hint: not from my account.) I’m also coining some new Twittery words to go along with my tweets: Twittermorphs, Dave’s Twapper, and Twatterfall.
Thank you for reading and please keep writing nice comments about my mapper; your compliments are like French kisses from a rainbow to my soul. (Or some less awkward metaphor.)
Hey all. It’s been a while since I’ve done major updates, whether on the blog or the mapper in general. This weekend starts a big new charity event, though, which I hope to do yearly as long as there’s interest.
Everyone seems to be doing this 23 question survey, so I might as well too.
- If you had to pick a single invention in a game you were most proud of what would it be?
- When was the last time you GMed?
- When was the last time you played?
- Give us a one-sentence pitch for an adventure you haven’t run but would like to.
Anything? I don’t know what I’m even…
- What do you do while you wait for players to do things?
I think this isn’t going to work out. Maybe I should just get back to coding and drawing maps…
Today’s post is going to be about things I have, things I do not have, and some future plans.
For those that don’t know me personally, I wanted to mention what my deal is. I’ve recently been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease.
I decided to build a blog here on the site where I can do all sorts of fun stuff.
Even though I’ve never really role-played before, the role-playing community has welcomed me with open arms since I first created the mapper as a branch off of Rob Lang’s mapper. Now I find myself enjoying the art of map-making and working on a variety of gaming resources for everyone to use.
Things I plan to post here include some of my tiles and mapping work (so others can find it easily without scraping the mapper itself), changelogs and whatnot about the mapper, information on other role-playing related projects (e.g. DungeonMorph dice), and anything else I can think of that might be of interest to the role-playing community. If these things appeal to you, by all means bookmark this blog, add it to StumbleUpon, subscribe by RSS, print out pages and tape them to your bedroom walls, or whatever you want to do. I’m just happy to have you as a visitor.